Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
SOMS Technologies LLC (“SOMS” or the Company) maintains high ethical business practice standards, which extend to our expectations for our suppliers and our mutually responsible supply chain sourcing practices.
SOMS is committed to ensuring our products do not incorporate conflict minerals, which are minerals smelted into tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold sourced from entities that directly or indirectly finance conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries. SOMS works to directly engage our supply chain on responsible sourcing practices.
SOMS seeks to meet or exceed regulatory, customer and societal expectations and is an active supporter of the greater industry solution of supporting conflict-free-conflict minerals and supply chains.
SOMS is committed to ensuring that the products it sells do not incorporate "conflict minerals”. SOMS Technologies intends to fully comply with the requirements of the Dodd-Frank Act, which requires that some of our customers perform due diligence into the sources of such minerals, and disclose the results of such diligence.
Therefore, SOMS requires its suppliers to:
- Perform sufficient due diligence into their respective supply chains to determine whether products sold to us contain tin, tantalum, tungsten or gold, and, if so, whether and to what extent those metals are sourced from conflict-free smelters as validated by an independent 3rd party audit;
- Report to SOMS the results of such due diligence to enable SOMS to comply with its policy goals and customer obligations; and,
- Commit to being "conflict-free," so that any such metals are sourced only from conflict-free smelters and to provide SOMS the names of smelters.
Ethics and Compliance Reporting and Assistance
Interested parties may report concerns and alleged violations of this Policy Statement as follows:
- By mail: SOMS Technologies LLC, Attn: Vice President, Operations, 332A Industrial Drive, Albion, IL 62806 USA
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 1‐877-757-7667 x705
- By fax: 1‐877-757-7667
Reports may be made anonymously and will be kept confidential to the fullest extent practicable. No retaliatory action will be taken against any party who makes a report in good faith. Our suppliers are encouraged to contact us via any method outlined above if they wish to seek guidance on the application of this Policy Statement.
SOMS reserves the right to amend or revise this Policy Statement at any time.